The Swing Sofa is hung from a metal A-frame structure that comes in white (pictured here) or yellow. It's meant for relaxation and contemplation rather than play, so "overly forceful pushes are prevented by a spring integrated into the upper beam, which prevents the swing from exceeding its natural bounds within the office," say designers Werner Aisslinger and Nicole Losos.
The product was launched at the Orgatec trade fair in Cologne last week, where Ronan and Erwan Bouroullec also presented stackable chairs and tables designed for a Danish university and KiBiSi showed a mechanical desk that can be cranked up and down.
This isn't the first piece of kinetic office furniture we've featured on Dezeen – we recently reported on a swinging table with hanging chairs by Duffy London.
A selection of watches designed by Studio Aisslinger for the Italian brand Lorenz is available in the Dezeen Watch Store, including the original model with windows cut into the watch face to reveal its numbers and the recently launched chronograph version.
- TSAR by Florian Brillet
- Repacked by Studio Makkink & Bey
- The Royal Family Stools by Ellen Heilman…n
- 3D-woven fabric creates organically shap…ed lamps that glow in the dark
- Clouds and Birds by Benedetta Mori Ubald…ini for Magis
- A Very Modern Royal Wedding by KK Outlet
- Stitch lamp by TAF
- Casamania launches La-Dina chair by Luca… Nichetto at Milan design week
- Monster Chair by Marcel Wanders for Mooo…i
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories