Milan 2013: German designer Ingo Maurer's table without any legs has gone into production with British brand Established & Sons.
The white table top appears to float at first glance, but is in fact supported on an extended arm from each of the four black chairs.
Ingo Maurer devised a hidden mechanism beneath the table that allows the chairs to be pulled out so users can sit down. Rectangular and circular surfaces are available.
Here is some extra information from Established & Sons:
This innovative piece is the first production table from the widely celebrated designer, Ingo Maurer. On first inspection, it appears to be archetypal wooden kitchen table and chairs but on closer viewing the table is revealed as ‘floating’; without any legs, supported by a simple extending mechanism which connects the chairs. Maurer has drawn inspiration from magic, ethereal substance and weightlessness. Floating Table invites the user to look more carefully at their simple daily objects and furniture for elements of surprise.
- Färg & Blanche stitch wood together to …form furniture
- Alliance glass collection encourages dri…nkers to match wine with water
- GrandArmy rebrands United States Postal …Service with "Americana" graphics
- Meguro office space by Nendo
- Casa Slamp by Nigel Coates
- Foldable Sewing Machine by Richard Burro…w at New Designers
- Urbanears by Norra Norr
- BUG modular gadgets
- Contrast Collection by UBICA-ID.
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories