Milan 2013: German designer Ingo Maurer's table without any legs has gone into production with British brand Established & Sons.
The white table top appears to float at first glance, but is in fact supported on an extended arm from each of the four black chairs.
Ingo Maurer devised a hidden mechanism beneath the table that allows the chairs to be pulled out so users can sit down. Rectangular and circular surfaces are available.
Here is some extra information from Established & Sons:
This innovative piece is the first production table from the widely celebrated designer, Ingo Maurer. On first inspection, it appears to be archetypal wooden kitchen table and chairs but on closer viewing the table is revealed as ‘floating’; without any legs, supported by a simple extending mechanism which connects the chairs. Maurer has drawn inspiration from magic, ethereal substance and weightlessness. Floating Table invites the user to look more carefully at their simple daily objects and furniture for elements of surprise.
- Register now for free entry to Tent Lond…on
- Close encounter by Oscar Lhermitte
- Rubber by TAF Arkitektkontor for Zero
- Jaime Hayón on Gestalten.tv
- November chair by Veryday
- Min-Kyu Choi wins Brit Insurance Design …of the Year Award 2010
- Nike Vapor Laser Talon 3D printed footba…ll boot studs
- Rene Siebum manipulates door handles to …explore the sense of touch
- Philippe Malouin's Hanger Chair goes int…o production with Umbra Shift
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories