Designed for Swedish furniture brand Offecct, the Xtra Large table can be extended to create a giant workspace. Claesson Koivisto Rune designed the system so a single piece of furniture could be used to create a flexible office space.
The table can be expanded over time and once it gets to certain size it can be used by employees working independently at one end while a meeting is held at the other.
"We wanted to create a hybrid between a meeting table and a writing desk; a table big enough to work undisturbed with your laptop but still be able to start up a conversation with someone sitting opposite," said studio co-founder Eero Koivisto. "Even if there is a meeting taking place at the far end of the table."
The table surface of each module is held up by two chunky cylindrical legs and braced by a square beam, which contains power sockets at each end. Electric wiring runs through the beams and down through the legs to keep the workspace free of cables.
"We have maximised a regular table with all the functions demanded in a modern office today," said Koivisto. "You could say that this table is the equivalent of a Hercules aeroplane."
- Mingus by Cecilie Manz for Lightyears
- Twin'Z concept car by Ross Lovegrove f…or Renault
- Array auditorium seats by Zaha Hadid f…or Poltrona Frau Contract
- FID celebrates native Italian material… with Terracotta Everyday collection
- Prisma by Alexander Lotersztain for De…rlot Editions
- Amass by Benjamin Hubert for 100% Desi…gn
- MONUmini by Aimée Furnival at Dezeen …Super Store
- Hippo and Potamus by Mia Gammelgaard f…or Blå Station
- Askur Picnic Basket by FærID
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories