Designed for Swedish furniture brand Offecct, the Xtra Large table can be extended to create a giant workspace. Claesson Koivisto Rune designed the system so a single piece of furniture could be used to create a flexible office space.
The table can be expanded over time and once it gets to certain size it can be used by employees working independently at one end while a meeting is held at the other.
"We wanted to create a hybrid between a meeting table and a writing desk; a table big enough to work undisturbed with your laptop but still be able to start up a conversation with someone sitting opposite," said studio co-founder Eero Koivisto. "Even if there is a meeting taking place at the far end of the table."
The table surface of each module is held up by two chunky cylindrical legs and braced by a square beam, which contains power sockets at each end. Electric wiring runs through the beams and down through the legs to keep the workspace free of cables.
"We have maximised a regular table with all the functions demanded in a modern office today," said Koivisto. "You could say that this table is the equivalent of a Hercules aeroplane."
- Bottle by TAF
- A Very Modern Royal Wedding by KK Outlet
- Umbrellas by Ella Doran at Dezeen Super …Store
- Merry-go-round Coat Rack by Studio Wieki… Somers wins Dutch Design Awards 2009
- One laptop per artist: OLPC charity auct…ion
- I was a teenager in the... by Fandango P…rojects
- Dezeen Watch Store summer sale: 20% off …Orbit by Ziiiro
- Mindcraft10 by Danish Crafts
- Paralympic design: Flex-Foot Cheetah bla…des
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories