Designed for Swedish furniture brand Offecct, the Xtra Large table can be extended to create a giant workspace. Claesson Koivisto Rune designed the system so a single piece of furniture could be used to create a flexible office space.
The table can be expanded over time and once it gets to certain size it can be used by employees working independently at one end while a meeting is held at the other.
"We wanted to create a hybrid between a meeting table and a writing desk; a table big enough to work undisturbed with your laptop but still be able to start up a conversation with someone sitting opposite," said studio co-founder Eero Koivisto. "Even if there is a meeting taking place at the far end of the table."
The table surface of each module is held up by two chunky cylindrical legs and braced by a square beam, which contains power sockets at each end. Electric wiring runs through the beams and down through the legs to keep the workspace free of cables.
"We have maximised a regular table with all the functions demanded in a modern office today," said Koivisto. "You could say that this table is the equivalent of a Hercules aeroplane."
- Top Ten at the British Council in Milan
- Seam Chair and Bench by Chris Kabel
- Beams Chair by Eric and Johnny Design St…udio
- Burn Burn Burn by Sarah van Gameren
- Heads or Tails by Nendo
- WertelOberfell dresses Mannequin chairs …in quilted upholstery
- Moleskine Livescribe Notebooks transfer …ideas from paper to screen
- Wim Crouwel designs typeface for Holland…'s FIFA World Cup 2014 kit
- Pen Pal by Oscar Diaz for Doiy
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories