"We live in a world of five elements that we experience through our five senses," said the studio's cofounder Mårten Claesson. "Five is gently odd. Five is not too many. Five is beautiful."
The maple wood collection includes an armchair, a stool, dining and coffee tables, a coat stand, a clothes rail and a bench, each with softened corners.
"We developed a shape that combines a circle with a pentagon," Claesson explained. "The chair, the table, the clothes rail and the other members of the Five family all share this iconic shape."
Legs equally spaced at the corners of table tops and seats are denoted by indentations on the surfaces.
Some items are available with sections or just the dents coloured red. The chairs also come entirely in the same bright shade.
The chairs still have four legs, two of which are angled to meet the ends of the curved element that forms the arms and back. A fifth vertical strut is used to brace this piece in the centre.
One of the legs of a stool is extended through the seat to form a coat stand, with angled branches attached to the pole for storing garments.
A clothes rail is formed from a simple wooden beam with ends that gently point upward, which hangs from the ceiling on thin red strings.
The Five range will be unveiled at the Stockholm Furniture and Lighting Fair, which opens on 4 February as part of Stockholm Design Week.
Claesson Koivisto Rune is also presenting a modular table with plug sockets within the structure in Stockholm next week.
Photographs are by Takumi Ota.
- Valdemar by Artificial/form
- Plug Lamp by Form Us With Love for Atelj…é Lyktan
- BaObab by Philippe Starck for Vitra
- Visibility uses porcelain to create kitc…hen tools in first homeware collection
- 10% off Dezeen Watch Store at The Tempor…ium plus win a Christmas goodie bag worth over £100
- Alice Wang Design proposes products for …the future of marriage
- Nano Vent-Skin by Agustin Otegu
- Lights of the City by Manuel Alvarez Die…stro
- Parrish by Konstantin Grcic and Emeco fo…r the Parrish Art Museum
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories